by Michael White
Cold fusion, one of those ideas consigned to the scientific nether world, may yet make a comeback. Many scientists still associate it with such fancies as perpetual-motion machines and the elixir of life, but its supporters and sceptics are again taking up antagonistic positions.
If results announced by Japanese scientists are to be believed, fusion may, after all, be possible at room temperature and with equipment little more sophisticated than a test tube and a few metal plates.
A team headed by Eichi Yamaguchi at the Nippon Telegraph and Telephone basic Research laboratory in Tokyo claims it has achieved nuclear fusion in the laboratory, successfully repeating its experiments five times and achieving 'perfect results' with 100 percent accuracy each time.
If this is correct, and a way can be found to harness the energy produced, we will be one step closer to the dream of almost limitless extremely cheap energy.
Cold fusion made global headlines in March 1989 when two men, Martin Fleischmann and Stanley Pons, astonished fellow scientists with the claim that they had achieved the Holy Grail of practical science fusion in a test tube. The reason for the excitement was that nuclear fusion, the power source of stars, is thought to be possible only at very high temperatures in the order of hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius.
Nuclear fusion is the process by which the atoms of a heavy form of hydrogen called deuterium are forced together to form helium atoms. At the same time a large amount of energy is released.
Fusion is the opposite process to fission, the atomic chain reaction mechanism used in atomic power stations. Fission is the process whereby large, unstable atoms are broken down into smaller units, with release of energy.
Fusion is much more difficult to achieve and requires extreme conditions to initiate. The extraordinary thing about Fleischmann's and Pons's work was the claim that they had achieved nuclear fusion at near room temperature.
The initial excitement soon turned to frustration and disappointment. No other scientific group in the world could reproduce their results or obtain greater energy than was put in to initiate the process.
Fleishmann and Pons were largely discredited and vicious rumours as to their scientific integrity began to circulate.
Gradually the whole fiasco started to stink of hurried work. But the concept has retained an aura of mystery and excitement in Japan. Several rival teams have been established to investigate it, including a research establishment based in southern France and headed by none other than Fleischmann.
Meanwhile, Yamaguchi's team is the first to announce its results and may yet steal Fleischmann's thunder.
In Fleischmann's and Pons's 1989 version, sub-atomic particles called neutrons were reportedly observed. Yamaguchi has not detected neutrons and has suggested that is taking place.
Fleischmann and Pons also claimed to have produced substantial amounts of energy from a small laboratory device. Yamaguchi is more modest.
This article was sent to us anonymously, but the source was not indicated.
- ACTIVISME JUDICIAIRE (3)
- ANTICLÉRICAUX ET FRANCS-MAÇONS (4)
- APOSTASIE TRANQUILLE (1)
- AVORTEMENT (19)
- BANQUES (1)
- BIENTÔT UN GOUVERNEMENT MONDAIL? UNE SUPER ET CONTRE-ÉGLISE (47)
- CHANGEMENTS CLIMATIQUES (6)
- COMMUNISME (23)
- COMPLOTS (32)
- CORRUPTION AU CANADA (15)
- CORRUPTION IN CADADA (220)
- CRÉATEUR DIVIN VERSUS CRÉATEUR EXTRA-TERRESTRE (2)
- CRÉDIT SOCIAL PAS UN PARTI POLITIQUE (14)
- CRIME DE HAINE ET PROPAGANDE HAINEUSE (4)
- DU COMMUNISME AU MONDIALISME (21)
- ÉCOLE LAÏQUE (2)
- ÉCONOMIE (1)
- ÉDUCATION DES ENFANTS (1)
- ENCYCLIQUE «DIVINI RREDEMPTORIS» SUR LE COMMUNISME ATHÉE (5)
- EUTHANASIE (1)
- EXTRÉMISTES LAÏQUES (1)
- FÉMINAZISME (2)
- FÉMINAZISME-FÉDÉRATION DES FEMMES DU QUÉBEC (3)
- FIDEL CASTRO (2)
- GEORGE SAND - ÉTUDE D'UNE ÉDUCATION (1)
- GRAND ORIENT DE FRANCE (1)
- GRIPPE COCHONNE OU H1N1 (5)
- HOMOSEXUALITÉ (15)
- HUMOUR POLITIQUE (1)
- Islam (2)
- ISLAM ET LE CORAN (3)
- KARL MARX ET SATAN (8)
- KHROUTCHEV (1)
- L'ÉCOLE LAÏQUE ET LE RAPPORT PROULX (47)
- La République Universelle (16)
- LE BLOC QUÉBÉCOIS - LE RIN - LE PARTI QUÉBÉCOIS (23)
- LE CHRISTIANISME A-T-IL FAIT FAILLITE? (8)
- LE MARXISME-LÉNINISME (43)
- LES CRIMES DU COMMUNISMES (60)
- LES FORCES OCCULTES DANS LE MONDE MODERNE (4)
- LES JUIFS DANS LE MYSTÈRE DE L'HISTOIRE (48)
- LIBÉRALISME (1)
- LIBRE ENTREPRISE (1)
- MÉDIAS ANTICLÉRICAUX (1)
- MESSAGES AU LECTEUR (1)
- MOMENTS HISTORIQUES (1)
- MOUVEMENT LAÏQUE QUÉBÉCOIS OU FRANÇAIS (1)
- MYSTÈRE D'INIQUITÉ - MYSTERIUM INIQUITATIS (40)
- NATIONS UNIS - COMMISSION DES DROITS DE L'HOMME (2)
- Persécutions Anti-Chrétiennes (1)
- PHILOSPHIE (2)
- RAPPEL HISTORIQUE (1)
- RÉCHAUFFEMENT PLANÉTAIRE (8)
- RELATIONS DES JÉSUITES TOME 6 (119)
- RELIGION (1)
- SANTÉ AU NATUREL (1)
- SÉKOU-TOURÉ (1)
- SÉPARATISME (2)
- SOINS DE SANTÉ SOCIALISTES (1)
- SUICIDE ET MÉDICATION (1)
- SUPERSTITIONS (1)
- THE UNITED NATIONS EXPOSED (23)
- TITISME (1)
- TITO (1)
- TROTSKY (1)
Les Relations des Jésuites contiennent 6 tomes et défont le mythe du bon Sauvage de Jean-Jacques Rousseau, et aussi des légendes indiennes pour réclamer des territoires, ainsi que la fameuse «spiritualité amérindienne».
Archives du blogue
- ► 2010 (147)
- ► 2009 (155)
- ► 2008 (410)
06/03 - 06/10
- 310-311 REPORT FROM QUEBEC: UNITED NATIONS THREAT ...
- 311-312 REPORT FROM ALBERTA
- 313-314 REPORT FROM THE MARITIMES
- 314-315 UN TO OWN 30% OF LAND A SURFACE: THE WORLD...
- 316-317 Plate 36, 37, 38, 39:
- 318-318 SECRET MILITARY MANEUVERS CONCERN TO LOYAL...
- 319-322 EPILOGUE: CHOMSKY, KISSINGER, & CO
- 325-325 SECTION V
- 325-329 DER KANADISCHE TRAUM? THE CANADIAN DREAM
- 330-333 INSIDE THE FEATHERBED FILE: Treason in the...
- 333-334 PATRICK WALSH
- 335-335 THE FEATHERBED FILE
- 336-338 THE COMINTERN-KGB SOVIET NEXUS
- 338-339 COMINTERN PENETRATES CANADIAN FEDERAL CIVI...
- 339-339 WHO WAS COMRADE LOUIS KON?
- 340-341 COMRADE KON RECRUITS OSCAR SKELTON
- 341-344 WASHINGTON AND OTTAWA: PARALLEL INFILTRATI...
- 344-346 THE NORMAN CASE
- 346-349 THE STRANGE CASE OF PROFESSOR HUGH HAMBLET...
- 349-350 FABIAN SOCIALIST PENETRATION IN OTTAWA
- 351-357 THE JEAN-LOUIS GAGNON CASE
- 356-359 TRUDEAU SPEARHEADS FABIAN TAKEOVER
- 360-361 ATTEMPTED TO SILENCE WORTHINGTON
- 361-364 BAMBOOZLED JOE CLARK
- 364-365 TRUTH IS FINALLY EMERGING
- 366-367 ONE-WORLDERS IN CANADIAN POLITICS
- 367-368 26 May 1966
- 368-368 6 June 1966
- 368-368 15 July 1966
- 369-370 9 August 1966
- 370-370 1967
- 370-371 10 January 1967
- 371-372 11 February 1967
- 372-373 12 July 1967
- 372-372 5 August 1967
- 373-373 9 August 1967
- 372-373 21 September 1967
- 374-374 13 November 1967
- 374-376 29 November 1967
- 376-377 31 January 1968
- 377-378 10 February 1968
- 378-378 28 February 1968
- 378-378 19 March 1968
- 378-379 5 April 1968
- 379-380 11 November 1969
- 380=381 22 October 1970
- 381-384 27 October 1970
- 384-385 1 July 1971
- 385-385 25 October 1976
- 386-386 7 November 1977
- 386-389 14 August 1977
- 390-390 TEARING CANADA APART
- 390-393 TO SEPARATE QUEBEC FROM CANADA? NO! TO SEP...
- 394-395 JACQUES PARIZEAU: ONE-WORLDER
- 394-397 THE SEPARATION OF QUEBEC: A DECEPTION OF T...
- 398-398 TEARING CANADA APART WOULD BE A DISASTER
- 399-399 SEPARATISM IS A CAPITULATION
- 400-401 WE DO NOT WANT A CIVIL WAR IN CANADA
- 401-402 DOMINION DAY 'STOLEN' BY PIERRE TRUDEAU
- 403-407 THE NEW WORLD ORDER MASK OF MARXISM: THE P...
- 417-417 NEW HOPES FOR BOB RAE
- 420-432 OZONE DEPLETION: FACT OR FABRICATION?
- 433-433 BLUE ALERT: JUPITER
- 434-434 JUPITER: MAN'S NEXT ESOTERIC HOME
- 435-435 JUPITER'S COMET DEVASTATION NOW PLAINLY VI...
- 436-436 PLUTONIUM FOR JUPITER
- 436-437 COLD FUSION: POSSIBILITY OF LIMITLESS ENER...
- 438-444 NEW WORLD ORDER SCIENTISTS NOW CREATING AN...
- 445-447 SECRET NEW WORLD ORDER WEATHER GENERATORS
- 448-457 WEATHERWAR DELUGE OVER AMERICA
- 458-460 AS THE FARMER GOES, SO GOES NORTH AMERICA
- 460-462 FOCUS ON INDIA:
- 463-465 O, CANADA, STOP CENSORING
- 466-471 THE INTEGRITY OF RACE
- 472-474 A VOICE FROM THE HINTERLANDS OF ONTARIO
- 475-493 Towards a Police State in Canada: CSIS, AC...
- 489 "BOOKS"
- 492-505 CSIS AND THE WOULD-BE CONTROLLERS OF CANAD...
- ▼ 06/03 - 06/10 (78)